Stainless Steel Safety Razors
For double edge safety razors like the Pils 101NE or Feather AS-D1
- We recommend using only high quality stainless steel double edge razor blades. Using inferior blades can cause rust to form on the blade and transfer onto the razor.
- After each use,
- Remove the blade from the razor
- Run the razor under warm water to wash away any residue
- Pat the razor dry with a towel
- Store the razor and blade separately while not in use
- Store the razor in a dry environment.
- If humidity is an issue, store the razor in a cabinet or drawer
- We recommend thorough cleanings once every few months,
- Remove the blade
- Pour vinegar into a small cup
- Submerge the entire head of the razor for 10 minutes
- Run under cold water and pat dry
- If you notice rust developing,
- Scrub gently with an old, soft bristle tooth brush and toothpaste
- Scrubbing Bubbles cleaner will also work
Stainless Steel Straight Razors
Some prefer stainless steel straight razors because they do not rust. THIS IS NOT TRUE. The likelihood that a stainless steel straight razor will rust is less likely than with a carbon steel straight razor, but they still need to be cared for properly. We recommend oiling straight razors withBallistol Lube if they will not be used for more than 5 days. Do not use metal polishes on any straight razor blade as it was damage the surface.